After you have done the initial planning and preparation you can start the configuration of the service. Please follow our checklist.
When you fulfil the hard requirements you will have a website with user registration and playable content that comply with the basic legal requirements. You will also be able to monetise your content and receive payments.
The optional requirements apply if you want to add mobile and TV devices and give you the possibility to brand the service in a more unique way.
- Register a domain and define a subdomain for your play service e.g. play.servicename.com or watch.servicename.tv.
- Sign a contract with a payment gateway and/or advertisement provider.
- Sign up with Mailchimp & Mandrill to be able to communicate with your users
- Configure the SSL certificate for the subdomain. We will provide you with the necessary information.
- Set up your logos and colours for the website
- Set the countries your service should be available
- Set the general restrictions for device limit and concurrent streams
- Upload your content to the platform: VoD and/or channels
- Create views and collections
- Create a package and an offer
- Configure the registration flow. We will help you to set it up
- Set up the reset password email in Mandrill
- Add a subscription page and decide which purchase flow you want to use
- Add a user settings page and select the information visible there
- Configure the payment gateway. We will guide you and help you test the purchase flow
- Set up a support email and FAQ
- Create a marketing landing page for your service
- Set up a Google account for Android apps
- Set up an Apple account for iOS apps
- Send logos and splash screens for mobile and TV devices to Magine Pro Support
- Translate the service into your preferred language
- Translate the welcome page for the mobile applications
- Translate the login and reset password page
- Add more views to the menu for the web and mobile applications
- Integrate Mailchimp and run campaigns based on certain user criteria
- Define the default for content publication and presentation
- Enable features like watch list, share, parental control, offline content etc.
- Enter the URL for your mobile apps
- Create an account for Google Tag manager and connect it to track user behaviour
- Create promotion codes to raise interest in your service at launch