If the transcoding of an asset fails please check the error message. You can find it in the console in the linked media tab of the asset and then clicking on the small, red question mark.
Common issues with the video file
- The naming of the video file: The file name has to be written together with no spaces, scores or underscores
- The specifications of the video file: The file has to match our specifications. If you are insecure if your content material matches the requirements you can use the Open Source VLC player to check e.g. the frame rate, resolution and track information.
- GOP ( Group of pictures )our specifications are GOP ≈15 frames, no open GOP more information on GOP here
Common issues with the audio file
- 5.1 audio: Always provide 5.1 audio as one track and you will also need to provide a stereo track as a backup for those devices that don't support 5.1.
- Language information: The language information has to be in ISO 639-2 format.
Common issues with the subtitle file
- Filename: The language specification in the filename has to be in ISO 639-2 format.
- Format: Subtitles have to be in UTF-8 encoding and srt format.
- Subtitles specifications: Check and verify that the subtitles follow our specifications, avoid extra information here
If you can confirm that the requirements match your video file and you still get a transcoding error please send an email to email@example.com so that we can investigate.