The S3 bucket provided by Magine is exclusive to a single partner.
To access the bucket you will need credentials that consist of an AWS Access Key and Secret Access Key. Magine creates all buckets in eu-west-1 (Ireland) region.
If you need credentials, please contact email@example.com. We will send you all needed information in an encrypted zip-file (the password to open the file will be sent separately for security reasons).
Magine can create credentials with two different levels of access:
- read-write (which can download, upload and delete content)
- read-only (which can only download content)
The default credentials we provide give read-write access.
The bucket can be accessed with tools like Cyberduck, for which we’ve made a simple how-to below, as well as standard tools and libraries like AWS CLI or boto3 library.
We support the following folders inside the bucket:
- /vod/ - Used to upload VOD content for transcoding.
- /epg/ - Used to upload EPG data for live-tv.
- /trailers/ - For serving trailers.
How to access the bucket to upload or download VOD assets
The simplest way to access the bucket directly is to download and install Cyberduck from https://cyberduck.io/download/
When you have installed the tool do the following:
- Open the application
- Click "Open Connection"
- Select S3 (Amazon Simple Storage Service) in the drop-down at the top
- Enter the credentials you’ve received from Magine.
- Server: com-magine-partners.XXXXXX.s3.amazonaws.com (replace XXX with the name of your bucket)
- Access Key ID: The Access Key you requested from Magine.
- Secret Access Key: The Secret Access Key you requested from Magine.
Instructions for uploading a VOD asset
- Select the folder with the name com-magine-partners-XXXXXX
- Select the folder with the name vod/<asset>
- Click the “Action” button in the top menu
- Select “New Folder”
- Enter a name for your folder, e.g. the movie name, without any spaces
- Click create
- Then double click on the new folder
- Click the “Action” button again and select upload
- Select the file to upload from your computer
At the end the asset should end up in: s3://com-magine-partners-XXXXXX/vod/<asset>/<files>