After you uploaded your content and metadata you can start to organise it in collections and make it available in views in your service. Before you start you will need a basic idea on how you want to present your content as we are offering you several design options.
1. Create Views
Decide how many pages you want to have in your service. You will need at least a start page and if you have channels also an EPG view for the TV guide.
Login to the Magine Pro Console and create views here. A step by step guide will help you through the process and provide you with pre-selected collections if you want an easy start. You can find a written step by step guide here and create your view.
2. Create Collections
When you are done with your views it's time to add collections to them. We have several options prepared for you depending on which design you prefer:
- Featured collection: Promote one asset with a big 16:9 image. This works great as a top collection to promote the most exclusive content.
- Movies vod: Showcase assets with a poster image, this works great for movies and shows.
- Sixteen nine images: Showcase assets with a small 16:9 images. This works great for catch-up content and live channels.
Besides these design options we have prepared collections that are based on features:
- Genre browse: This is a collection of collections which works great for presenting several genre-specific collections like Comedy with the sub-collections Animated Comedy, Romantic Comedy and Stand-up. This collection will automatically generate an extra page for you.
- Continue Watching: User curated collection of assets they have already started watching. If the feature is enabled in your service the collection will automatically populate.
- Bookmarks: User curated collection based on the users choice. If the feature is enabled the user can create a list of assets to watch later.
- Entitled content: Presents content that the user has already bought as TVOD. Will display how long the user has access to the assets.
- Live channels: Showcase what’s live on a set of channels. Channel logo will be visible.
- Favourite channels: Presents what’s live on channels selected by the user. Channel logo will be visible.
To get started with collections login to the Magine Pro Console and create them here. A step by step guide will help you through the process and provide you with the above mentioned prepared collections. You can find a written step by step guide here and create your collection.
3. Sort the collections on your views
After you worked with the details you can review the general structure of your content. Login to the Magine Pro Console and sort your collections here.