If you need to create user accounts for e.g. VIP or testing you can do so through the console. Go to the user section in the console and click on "list users". The create user button is in the upper right corner.
1. Step: User settings
Add the name, email, password, locale (language) and country.
2. Step: User details
You can add user tags in this step so that you can find your e.g. VIP customers more easily again later. Please ignore the parental control settings as this feature is still in development for VoD services. Also remember that you are not allowed to add the users to your email newsletter without asking for the users consent.
Step 3: Entitlement
Add the offer that the user should have by clicking on the "Add entitlement" button. Please remember that the customer will have access to your content as long as the entitlement is activated in his account.
Step 4: Preview and create
Check that the account settings are correct and then click the save button.
Removing the access to the content
If you need to remove the entitlement do the following:
- Find the customer in the user base
- Go to the user account by clicking on the UserID in the search results
- Go the entitlement tab
- Click on the delete button next to the offer
The customer will still be able to login but won't be able to play anything.
Adding entitlement to a user is still a feature in development. We enabled it to give you quick access but it still needs some polishing and improvements that we will implement during 2019. So there are a few things you need to consider before you work with this:
- The user will have access to your content until you manually remove the entitlement again.
- The subscription page on the web will be showing no subscription
- The user can't add a subscription or payment method while only entitlement is active.
If you have any questions around this restrictions please talk to our customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.