Follow these steps to upload a new VOD to your service. These are our specifications for media files.
- Login to the Magine Pro Console
- Go to Content → Media → VODs.
- Click on “upload a new video” in the upper right corner
- Select the desired file from your computer
- Select the “kind” the metadata should have, e.g. “movie”.
- Press upload
When the upload is done, the transcoding will begin. If you should encounter any problems during transcoding or when testing the playout check our troubleshooting guidelines.
Now you can continue to prepare the metadata file.
- Click the “Source ID” to go to the metadata file.
- Under the “Presentation” tab - edit all info about the movie
- Add translations under the “translations” tab
- Add Images under the “Images” tab
- Under the tab “Metadata” set labels which will be used with collections, when and where the metadata file will be available in the service
- Save your changes. The changes will be pushed to your service automatically.
For a metadata file to show up in the service it must be included in a collection. This can be done by
- adding a “Label” to the metadata asset that matches collection based on that label
- manually add the metadata asset in a collection
- have a collection that matches all metadata files
Read more about how to create collections here.